70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
The 70-486 exam also called the Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications is targeted at experienced developers. Candidates learn how to build web applications developments with ASP.NET 4.5 and ASP.NET MVC 4. It targets key scenarios like building social web applications and so on.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below.
Design the application architecture
* Plan the application layers
* Design a distributed application
* Design and implement the Windows Azure role life cycle
* Configure state management
* Design a caching strategy
* Design and implement a Web Socket strategy
* Design HTTP modules and handlers
Design the user experience
* Apply the user interface design for a web application
* Design and implement UI behavior
* Compose the UI layout of an application
* Enhance application behavior and style based on browser feature detection
* Plan an adaptive UI layout
Develop the user experience
* Plan for search engine optimization and accessibility
* Plan and implement globalization and localization
* Design and implement MVC controllers and actions
* Design and implement routes
* Control application behavior by using MVC extensibility points
* Reduce network bandwidth
Troubleshoot and debug web applications
* Prevent and troubleshoot runtime issues
* Design an exception handling strategy
* Test a web application
* Debug a Windows Azure application
Design and implement security
* Configure authentication
* Configure and apply authorization
* Design and implement claims-based authentication across federated identity stores
* Manage data integrity
* Implement a secure site with ASP.NET
Recommended Study Aids
The 20486A: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications and 20486B: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications- these are each 5 day courses.
Exam prep video
Microsoft Certification PREP Talk: Exam 70-486: this video provides tips to candidates from experts.
Exam Ref 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications. This was published in September 2013 and is aimed at experienced developers who wish to advance their careers. The guide is available at O’Reilly who are the official distributors for Microsoft Press.
The exam was introduce in October 2012 and is available in two languages English and Japanese. The cost of the exam is US $ 160. Candidates can register for an exam by visiting Prometric website.