Blog

The Curtis Publishing Company

The Curtis Publishing Company
PPC Publishing
Looking east from Washington Square Park at the Curtis Publishing Company.

The company was formed in 1890 by Cyrus H.K Curtis, who purchased The Saturday Evening Post for ,000 in 1897. The company also established The Ladies’ Home Journal in 1883. Here are some great postcard images of the building from yesteryear.

Like the Land, Title & Trust Building, this is great example of Georgian Revival (also known as Colonial Revival) architecture. According to Wikipedia, Georgian architecture is characterised by its sense of proportion and balance.

no comment

Leave a Reply